Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 3 cups shredded chicken (I use the two breasts from Rotisserie)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 Tbs softened cream cheese
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Cup of chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4oz) can of green enchiladas sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
In a medium size bowl, mix the shredded chicken with 1 cup graded cheese and diced onions.
In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and then stir in the enchilada sauce. Add the chicken broth and cream cheese whisk until smooth and warm.
Pour a small amount of sauce in bottom of baking dish to cover. Pour remain sauce in the chicken mix and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
Evenly stuff the mixture into your flour tortillas, and place them into your prepared pan, seam down. Add remaining cheese to cover top.
Bake for 22-25 minutes and then switch the broiler on for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
Serve with sour cream and salsa. Great side idea is garden salad!